Union and Fifth: Shopping Luxury Consignment For A Cause. Plus enter to win a $50 Gift Card

Union & Fifth is an online shopping site like no other. Back in 2012 sisters-in-law Pam Trefler & Christena Reinhard cleaned out their first closet and sold $40,000 from their wardrobe though a typical consignment store. Instead of using those funds to buy more, they decided to give their profit to charity and thus the idea behind Union & Fifth was born.

Union & Fifth offers luxury consignment to consumers for at very affordable price, but their main focus is to raise money for incredible non-profits. Here is how it works. If you have designer items that are in good condition, you can visit their website to make a request for a free shipping bag or label. As you are making your request, you are asked to pick a charitable organization that will benefit from the sale of your items. There have over 35 awesome charities with new ones being added all the time! Once your bag or label arrives, you then ship designer goodies off to them. Once it arrives to them, they photograph the clothes and list them for sale on their site. When a customer purchases your items, Union & Fifth’s goal is to pass 75% of the sale price to the charity you chose! Because Union & Fifth is a non-profit organization, the other 25% is helping them continue to provide a platform for this amazing collaboration of fashion and charity. At end of the year, you receive a receipt for all of your sold items that you can then use as a write off on your taxes! Major score!

Just browsing through their current inventory, there are so many great pieces to love. For weekend style outfit inspiration, I pulled together this graphic print Chanel dress, with Mui Mui Moto boots, Chanel cashmere cardigan and Loro Piana scarf. Of course topping it off with a gorgeous dark blue Chanel bag completes the look and compliments the blue accents in the dress.

Union and Fifth Weekend Style

Other a beautiful pieces currently available are these Green Patent Louboutin Stilettos, a Michael Kors kimono top, a DVF Silk Blouse, a Stella McCartney chunky knit sweater and navy Chanel booties.

What started for me as an entry to their blogger contest for NYFW has become so much more! I really love what founders Pam and Christena and the team over at Union & Fifth are doing to promote charity and fashion. The next time you’re online shopping be sure to stop by unionandfifth.com to check out what they have. You will feel good about your purchase while at the same time adding stunning style to your wardrobe!

Contest Time!

Help me spread the word about how awesome Union & Fifth is! Go to the contest page on getstyledaily.com to enter to win a $50 American Express gift card! Plus the winner will choose a charity from the Union & Fifth website and MyStyleDaily will donate $50 to that charity on the winners behalf! View a full list of charities here. Contest ends on January 22nd at 11:59 p.m. Good Luck!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s